Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it is now.
It’s all about the privacy settings. In most cases if you do not see a share button on a post it’s because the person’s privacy setting are set to friends only. Also there is no share button on a post in a closed group nor in a secret group. It’s all about the privacy settings.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Make sure the first pull-down menu says Share On A Page You Manage. If it doesn’t, click on the arrow and select this option. Next, make sure the second pull-down menu directly below displays your Page (especially if you manage more than one). If it doesn’t, click the pull- down arrow and select the correct page.
Temporary blocks from sharing posts on Facebook can happen if you’ve: Posted a lot in a short amount of time. Shared posts that were marked as unwelcome. Shared something that goes against our Community Standards.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
What is unblocking and how do I unblock someone on Facebook?
- Scroll to the bottom of Facebook and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Scroll down to Audience and Visibility and tap Blocking.
- Tap Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap Unblock to confirm that you’d like to unblock the person.
Click on the three-dot icon to the top right of the post you want to make shareable. Then, select the Edit Audience option from the drop-down list. A list of audience options will appear. Choose Public from the list of available options to make the post shareable.
Here’s where you can find the share button in Google Chrome for Android:
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Look for and tap the three-dot menu button at the top right of your screen.
- Tap on the Share… button.