You can share files with anyone, including people without Dropbox accounts, by sharing a link to any file or folder. You can send a shared link by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want.
Does the other person have to have Dropbox?
The recipient must have a Dropbox account and be signed into that account to view or edit the file or folder. If the recipient doesn’t have a Dropbox account, or doesn’t want to sign in to view it, you can share it with a view-only link instead.
It’s simple to send or share files from Dropbox with anyone you want—and they don’t even need a Dropbox account. Create a shared link from your Dropbox desktop or mobile app for iOS or Android and share that link via chat, text, or email. Anyone with the shared link can view and download the file.
Sign in to dropbox.com with your work account. Open your team folder. Hover over the name of the folder you’d like to share and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow). Type the email or name of the person you’d like to invite into the textbox.
How do I add to someone else’s Dropbox?
Request access to a shared folder
- Click the invitation link that you received.
- Click Request access.
- If you have more than one Dropbox account, select which account you’d like to add the shared folder to.
- Your request will be sent to the folder owner, and you’ll be notified if the owner accepts your request.
How do I upload to someone else’s Dropbox?
Solution 1. Share files/folder of your Dropbox account with another
- Go to Dropbox.com and log in to your Dropbox account.
- Click Files in the left column. Then, hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click Share.
- Type the Email or name of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Click Share.
How to share folders
- On your Android device, open the Google Driveapp.
- Next to the folder’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share .
- Type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, tap the Down arrow . …
- Tap Send.
Share a link to a file or folder
When you share a link with someone, they can view the file or folder on dropbox.com. You can send a link by email, Facebook, Twitter, instant message, social networks, wherever you want.
The Dropbox Family plan has 2 TB of storage space that can be shared by up to 6 members, ages 13 years or older in the United States and 16 or older anywhere else.
Is Dropbox Public or private?
All files you store in Dropbox are private. Other people can’t see and open those files unless you purposely share links to files or share folders with others.
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].
Sign in to dropbox.com, and find the file you’d like to share. Hover over the file, and click the Share button that appears. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite, and click Send. Or, you can copy the link and paste it into an email, chat, or whatever you’re using to communicate.