Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the internet connection you want to share. For Share over, choose how you want to share your connection—over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Wi-Fi is usually faster and the default.
How do I transfer Wi-Fi from my phone to my laptop?
How to Tether an Internet Connection with an Android Phone
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
Yes, you can easily use your Android Device Internet connection in your PC with or without using USB cable. An intimate way to share the Android phone’s digital cellular connection is to connect the phone directly to a computer and activate the tethering feature.
Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network. Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect. On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
Method 2 : Via USB Tethering
- Install iTunes on your computer. …
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone. …
- Tap the Cellular option.
- Toggle Cellular Data on. …
- Tap Set Up Personal Hotspot option.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer’s USB port. …
- Click the Network button on your computer. …
- You can now setup iPhone as a new network.
Can I use my iPhone as a Wi-Fi extender?
YES, you can use your iPhone (4 and later) as a repeater but only after jailbreaking it (basically root access). After jailbreaking your iPhone, install MyWi 7 or PdaNet from the Cydia store and you can use them to either share the cellular data or an access point (wifi repeater).
- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share and go to Settings, Network and Internet (it might be called Connections depending on your device), then Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the cog next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen.
Can you hotspot Wi-Fi on iPhone?
You can use Personal Hotspot to share a cellular internet connection from your iPhone to other devices. Personal Hotspot is useful when the other devices don’t have internet access from a Wi-Fi network. Instant Hotspot allows you to connect your devices to Personal Hotspot without entering a password.