One has to ensure that in case of a joint ownership share certificates issued by the society should include both names. Some old housing societies have issued share certificates only in the first owner’s name and in such cases the joint owner will have no rights in the society.
Change the name of Physical Share Certificates:
Any Shareholder who is desirous of Changing/Updating his/her name in the Share Certificates possessed by him/her will have to make application to the Company/RTA along with following documents: … Request Letter mentioning the reason for the name change.
Suitable changes will be made on the share certificate and returned to the surviving joint holders. Duly signed application of legal heir/s is on record.
Share names (once defined) cannot be changed. name and share again with the new name.
You should write an application to the Company to change the name on the Share Certificates. This application for change of name shall be submitted to the Registrar and Transfer Agent or to the Share Department of the Company.
No, a subsidiary company cannot own shares in a parent company as per the Companies Act, 2013. According to the Companies Act, 2013 a subsidiary company by itself or through its nominee cannot hold shares in a holding company.
Procedure for Transmission (Name Deletion) and Dematerialisation to be done together
- Make a request to the DP for deleting the name(s) of the deceased as per Transmission Form.
- Submit a DRF alongwith the security certificates and the documents mentioned above to the DP.
A share certificate is a written document signed on behalf of a corporation that serves as legal proof of ownership of the number of shares indicated. A share certificate is also referred to as a stock certificate.
How can I delete my name from demat account?
No. Names of the account holders for ProStocks depository account cannot be changed. If you want to change name or add/delete an accountholder, you need to open a new account in the desired holding pattern (names) with ProStocks and transfer the securities to the newly opened account. The old account may be closed.
How do you change your affidavit name?
How to Create Name Change Affidavit?
- Draft the Affidavit by providing the details of the old name and new name.
- Execute the Affidavit on a Stamp Paper of Denomination of Rs. 10/- or as per the prescribed stamp duty as per your state.
- Make the Affidavit attest and sealed by the Notary Public.
Steps to convert shares into Demat form:
- You should first open a Demat account with a depository through a depository participant (DP). …
- After you’ve opened a Demat account, you’ll need to send your DP a completed Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF) along with your physical share certificates.
These rules provide that: (i) A share certificate can be issued only under the authority of a resolution of the Board of Directors. (ii) Every certificate shall specify the name(s) of person(s) in whose favour the certificate is issued, the shares to which it relates and the amount paid up thereon.
(1) A certificate, [issued under the common seal, if any, of the company or signed by two directors or by a director and the Company Secretary, wherever the company has appointed a Company Secretary], specifying the shares held by any person, shall be prima facie evidence of the title of the person to such shares.
Explanation to Rule 5(3) of the Companies (Share Capital and Debentures) Rules, 2014 provides that a director shall be deemed to have signed the share certificate if his signature is printed thereon as a facsimile signature by means of any machine, equipment or other mechanical means such as engraving in metal or …