Can 2 computers use the same printer?
If you have two computers and only one printer with a USB port, you can share the printer between the computers with a fast connection. No software or special modifications are required, although both computers will need to be loaded with the drivers for operating your particular printer.
How to share printers on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Under the “Printer & scanners” section, select the printer that you want to share.
- Click the Manage button. …
- Click the Printer properties option. …
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Check the Share this printer option.
In the Devices and Printers window click on Add a printer. Choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings”, then click Next. Select Create a new port and choose Standard TCP/IP Port, then click Next. Under Hostname or IP address: Type in the IP address of the printer you intend to connect to.
Can you connect a printer to two computers via USB?
USB hubs enable you to attach multiple devices, such as printers, hard drives and card readers, to a single computer. However, the USB hub only makes the devices available to one computer at a time. You need to disconnect the hub from one computer and attach it to another to share a printer with more than one computer.
To enable anonymous access to a shared printer on your computer, open the shared printer properties in theControl Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers. Check the options Render print jobs on client computers on the Sharing tab. Then check all permissions for Everyone group on the printer Security tab.
Where is the printer IP address?
Find the Printer IP Address Using the Printer’s Built-In Menu. On most printers, the network setting is found in the printer menu under Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings (if it’s a wireless printer). The IP address for the printer may be displayed at the top of the network settings dialog box.
How do I find IP address for printer not connected?
How to find a printer’s IP address (Windows 10)
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and select Properties.
- Look in the Web Services tab for your IP address if only three tabs appear.
- Alternatively, look in the Ports tab for your IP address if five tabs appear.
How do I add a printer by IP address Macbook?
Connect to Your Printer
- Click on the Apple symbol on the top, left-hand corner. Then, click System Preferences.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners icon.
- Click the plus “+” sign to add the printer. ( …
- A new window will open. …
- Add the printer to your computer and it should appear in your printers list once configured.