Share using the Share tab in File Explorer
- Tap or click to open File Explorer.
- Select the item, and then tap or click the Share tab. The Share tab.
- Choose an option in the Share with group. There are different Share with options depending on whether your PC is connected to a network and what kind of network it is.
How to share files on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to Share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
What is the fastest way to transfer files between computers?
The fastest and easiest way to transfer from PC to PC is to use the company’s local area network as the transfer medium. With both computers connected to the network, you can map the hard drive of one computer as a hard drive on the other computer and then drag and drop files between computers using Windows explorer.
Share with specific people
- Select the file you want to share.
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your doc, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
How do I see other computers on my network Windows 10?
To find other devices in the network, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on Network from the left pane.
- See computers available in the local network. Network view in File Explorer.
- Double-click the device to access its shared resources, such as shared folders or shared printers.