Coinbase shows you a QR code, which is a representation of the secret key, which you then scan using an Authenticator app on your mobile device. Google Authenticator and several other authenticator apps allow you to generate TOTP codes using your mobile device or computer.
How do I get an Authenticator QR code?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
How do I scan a QR code on Coinbase pro?
Using Destination Tag on Coinbase Pro
- Go to Deposit > Select Currency Type.
- Under the Address tab, you’ll be shown the wallet addressand Tag/Memo. Use the deposit QR codes to access the address and Tag/Memo. There will be a QR code for address and one for tag which you can switch using a toggle.
Why am I not getting code from Coinbase?
If you’re having trouble completing 2-step verification to sign in to your account, make sure your mobile device software and Coinbase app are up to date. If you’re using a browser to sign in, make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome. Clearing your cache and restarting your browser can also help.
How do I connect my Coinbase wallet?
Link your Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase account
- Open Coinbase Wallet on your mobile device.
- Tap to go to your Settings.
- Tap Connect to Coinbase.
- Follow the remaining steps to connect your accounts.
How do I add Coinbase to my authenticator app?
How to enable Duo or Google authenticator on Coinbase
- Navigate to the security settings page.
- Under the Other Options section, select the Select button in the Authenticator App box.
- Follow the prompts to complete your authenticator setup.
What is QR code authentication?
QR Code Authentication utilizes a QR code on a printed badge that acts as a contactless card. Instead of using a traditional card reader, a computer’s internal camera is utilized to read the QR code badge—no additional hardware required.
How can I get verification code without phone?
The Google Authenticator app for Android, iPhone, or BlackBerry can generate verification codes. It even works when your device has no phone or data connectivity.
How do I set up authenticator on my new phone?
The old school way still works
- Install Authenticator on your new phone.
- On your computer, visit Google’s two-step verification site and log in to your Google account. …
- Click Change Phone in the Authenticator app section. …
- Open the Authenticator app on your new phone and tap Begin > Scan barcode.
Where is QR scanner on Coinbase app?
Go to the Coinbase Wallet extension, click Show Wallet address > QR code. Open the Trust Wallet mobile app, and tap Send > QR code and scan the Coinbase Wallet extension QR code in your web browser.
How do I use my Coinbase QR code?
QR codes make it easy to pay from a bitcoin wallet app on your smartphone (including the Coinbase app for Android or iOS). Simply scan the QR code and it will pre-fill the recipient bitcoin address and the requested payment amount. Once you send the transaction, the payment is complete.
Is Coinbase and Coinbase wallet the same?
Are Coinbase and Coinbase wallet the same? Coinbase is a crypto exchange that allows the buying and selling of digital assets, whereas Coinbase Wallet is a crypto wallet that is used to store your crypto assets and your private key.
Does Coinbase have a phone number?
Please be aware that we currently do not offer any phone support with a live agent. You can call Coinbase Support to immediately disable your account if you suspect your account has been compromised.
Can someone hack my Coinbase?
YES! Because Coinbase carries crime insurance that protects a portion of digital assets held across our storage systems against losses from theft, including cybersecurity breaches. But when hacking problems happen, it’s obviously hard to solve.
Authorizing a new device
In order to authorize a device or IP address, click or tap I Authorize This Computer in the email we sent to finish the steps through Coinbase.com. If you didn’t receive the email, check your Spam or Trash folders.