- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I access files on another computer on my network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
How to share files on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
On the source PC, go to “File Explorer” and find the document you want to share. In File Explorer, click the “Share” tab, and then choose “Share”. Next, select the name of the device you want to share with. When a pop-up occurs on the target PC, choose “Save & open” or “Save”.
How do I create a network share?
- Start Explorer (Start – Programs – Windows NT Explorer)
- Right Click on a directory and select “sharing”
- Click the Sharing tab, and select “Shared as”
- Enter a description and click OK.
- The directory will now have a hand on the directory.
Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to Share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
What is network Sharing Windows 10?
When you’re connected to private networks, Windows 10 automatically turns on the File and Printer Sharing setting. In this way, you can easily share folders, files, and printers with other computers and devices in your network.