Tap WiFi. If you are trying to share a WiFi password with a Mac computer, tap the WiFi icon in the top-right corner of your screen and select a WiFi network from the drop-down menu. Choose the same WiFi network. This should be the same network that the iPhone that will be sharing the password is already connected to.
- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share and go to Settings, Network and Internet (it might be called Connections depending on your device), then Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the cog next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen.
To share with someone on a Mac, ask them to allow themselves to be discovered in AirDrop in the Finder. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Passwords. Tap the account you want to share. , then tap the contact you want to send the password to.
Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network. Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect. On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
If you are trying to share a WiFi password with a Mac computer, tap the WiFi icon in the top-right corner of your screen and select a WiFi network from the drop-down menu. Choose the same WiFi network. This should be the same network that the iPhone that will be sharing the password is already connected to.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sharing , then select Internet Sharing in the service list. Click the “Share your connection from” pop-up menu, then choose the internet connection you want to share.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Mac via Wi-Fi?
Open Settings → Bluetooth on your iOS device, and tap on your Mac listed under OTHER DEVICES. Click Pair/Connect on your Mac when prompted. If you pair from Mac, you may be prompted with a six-digit code that will also be displayed on the iPhone/iPad screen, tap “Pair” on your iOS device.
Share WiFi network
- Go to WiFi in the Settings of the device you want to connect to the WiFi network. Unlock your own device as well.
- Select the WiFi network you want to share.
- Your own device will now display a notification. Tap Share password. The other device is now connected to your WiFi network.
How do I show my Wi-Fi password on a Mac?
Use Keychain Access
- Open the Keychain Access app on your Mac. …
- In the sidebar, make sure you click on Login, and click on the Password tab. …
- Click on Show Password. …
- You may be prompted to enter your administrator credentials again. …
- The Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password.
How to find and share your Wi-Fi password on Android
- Open the settings on your device, then head to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- Scroll past the current networks to Saved networks, then tap the network you’d like to share.
- Tap the Share button and you’ll see a QR code, which you can use to share the password.
Follow these steps to set up Internet tethering:
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. …
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item.
If you can’t use the share Wi-Fi password option on your Mac, log out of your iCloud account, delete your Wi-Fi networks, and make sure to update your devices. Additionally, you can temporarily use a USB-C to Ethernet dongle and then switch back to Wi-Fi.